Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Sunday, February 12, 2012

NEW OR RERUNS?

"I don’t want to watch that. It’s a rerun." I often say that.

"I want to watch that program. It was on before but love it." That has been heard too.

To some, God’s Word is a Bible filled with tired old words they’ve heard before and don’t want to hear again. They’re reruns. Others say they know what’s in the Bible, when they have only surfed the chapters. There are a few who say they want nothing to do with the Bible which they have never read. Some, find new and exciting meaning in the wonderful, sacred words God has given us.

I just talked to someone who is discouraged about the life of their church. Why do we defame the body of Christ by speaking ill of his flock? How can the inspired Word of God be anything but a rerun when we no longer have the indwelling spirit to help inspire us to understand?

Is the story of the Living God and his son, Jesus, just a rerun to you or do you find new meaning each time you open your Bible? Is your Holy Book a compilation of stale old material, or the new and fresh heartbeat of the Living God? Let us pray:

"God of glory, God of truth, I sit at the feet of the greatest storyteller there is—stories of truth and love, law and redemption, grace and salvation. Holy is your name—the great Yahweh whose name is too precious speak. May your kingdom come to my life, that I may do your will. Please Father, this very day, fill my soul with your Spirit of Light and Truth and Peace so that I may read your Word with new understanding. Forgive me when I neglect your Word. How can I possibly learn of you, if I do not read of? May your life be alive in me, Father God. In the name of your son, my savior Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp

Please pass this link to a friend.

Book Trailer:
http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/DorisRapp-1207656-length-ofdays-the-age-silence/

Also:
http://www.lengthofdays2112.blogspot.com

http://doris.gaines.rapp.suite101.com/success-is-possible-in-todays-economy-a402072

No comments:

Post a Comment