Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Thursday, January 12, 2012

DO YOU FEAR ABANDONMENT?

With divorce a “natural” part of our family life, we often forget the children. We assume that children will adjust and of course they will. They will adjust to being children of divorce. They will always know that someone is missing from their daily lives.

Our country has been engaged in an extended war with mothers and fathers far from home for months and years at a time. We all know what happened on 9-11. Family separation is necessary in times like these. And, the children do adjust to a parent being gone. We know however, that adjusting to being left behind is a poor substitute to the presence of both parents in their daily lives.

In both cases, the extending family and community have done a wonderful job of filling in for the absent parent. Love is a cure for absence. When that fear of abandonment is not met with love and security, however, the child can grow up with abandonment issues. Remember, the basic negative emotion is fear and we can go to God in prayer for release from fear. Remember the process or refer back to previous posts: pray 3X day, wait on the Lord, and know he heard you. Let us pray:

“Father God, Lord of my life, your name is precious to my heart. May your kingdom, the Kingdom of God, take residence in my life, that I may be in you and you in me. For this day, Dear Lord, I ask to be released from fear and from the chains that bind me. Forgive me when I have forgotten that you have the power to free me from the crippling emotion of fear. Let this be the day when I trust you again. For these things, I will give you all praise and glory. Holy, holy, holy is your name and the name of your son, Jesus Christ in whose name I pray. You alone have the power to set me free and for that blessing, I say Amen and Amen.”
Doris
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp
“God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/Prayer-Therapy-Primer?keyword=Prayer+Therapy+Primer&store=ebook

No comments:

Post a Comment