Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

HE MAKES ME SO MAD!

How can someone else make you “mad?” To my thinking, “mad” sounds a little like a rabid dog.

Why do you allow someone to make you angry? Most of the time, their angst isn’t with you anyway. They came to the party with an attitude. They didn’t get it when they got there, like catching a cold.

“Why does he do that every time?” they rant. “He spoils every family dinner!”

Well if that’s the case, then he is pretty boring—Dad, or Uncle Fred, or whoever sounds like he is always in character whenever you see him. Then why does it surprise you and make you angry, when he acts just like he does every time? He’s being . . . Uncle Fred. Now, who else is he going to be?

I have a little phrase for you to use when Dad or Uncle Fred acts like himself at every function. “There goes Dad being Dad again.” It isn’t about you and it’s all about him. Separate yourself from his anger, or anger provoking attitude, and quietly go about being the mature one at the event. Let him do his little kabooty dance over in the corner. If you talk to him in loving, quiet, soothing, calming tones, he may eventually respond in kind.

No one can make you angry unless you allow them. Overcome anger with Prayer Therapy.
Remember,as in PRAYER THERAPY PRIMER, (1) pray the prayer printed below three times a day. (2) Wait at the end of the prayer for a sense of God’s presence. (3) Go about the remainder of the day knowing that God has heard your prayer. Let us pray:

“God of Love and Life, holy and precious is your name. I ask that you fill me with your holy presence that the Kingdom of God may come and include even me. Today is the day, Father, when I lay my anger at your feet. Cast that anger as far from me as the East is from the West and never let it return. Forgive me for not trusting you before with my anger and may I forgive others of their anger as you have forgiven me. Lead me away from things that provoke me and place me within your open arms. In the name of your son, Jesus, the Prince of the Peace I seek, I pray. Amen”
Doris
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment