Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I’M FRUSTRATED!

“I am not angry! I’m frustrated!” How many times have you heard that?

Don’t kid yourself, frustration is just another name for anger, but it sounds more polite. Good Christians don’t get angry.

I will have to admit; I can burn slowly and long too. My laptop’s CD drive doesn’t work and my wireless internet feature is featureless. I get VERY frustrated when I try to get a project done. When I finally complete it, I have to face the fact that there is no difference between the way I feel and my own body’s reaction to ANGER. I am uptight, tense, and in full battle stance. That’s ANGER!

There are a few things in this world worth getting angry over—very few. Jesus reacted with anger when he discovered his father’s house had been turned into a den of thieves. To other injustices, he was patient and loving, and allowed the peace he felt to smooth in all the ragged chinks and rough spots.

Don’t let anger win. Overcome anger with love, patience, and the peace that God offers his children who believe in him and seek to learn his ways. Prayer Therapy can be a way to rise above anger and walk in peace with him.

Remember, (1) pray the prayer printed below three times a day. (2) Wait at the end of the prayer for a sense of God’s presence. (3) Go about the remainder of the day knowing that God has heard your prayer. Let us pray:

“God of Love and Life, holy and precious is your name. I ask that you fill me with your holy presence that the Kingdom of God may come and include even me. Today is the day, Father, when I lay my anger at your feet. Cast that anger as far from me as the East is from the West and never let it return. Forgive me for not trusting you before with my anger and may I forgive others of their anger as you have forgiven me. Lead me away from things that provoke me and place me within your open arms. In the name of your son, Jesus, the Prince of the Peace I seek, I pray. Amen”
Doris
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp
“God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”

Prayer Therapy Primer - Doris Gaines Rapp - www.bn.com or www.amazon.com

Length of Days - The Age of Silence, www.dorisgainesrapp.com (eBook Amazon and B&N)

No comments:

Post a Comment