Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, January 9, 2012

PRAY FOR RELEASE FROM FEAR

What are you afraid of? It is said: fear is the basic negative emotion, underlying them all. You’re afraid of not knowing what’s going to happen next and you become anxious. You fear being alone and you become depressed. When you fear losing your position or recognition to someone else, you become jealous. Fear is a strong emotion that binds us like shackles that will not let us go. How do we rid ourselves of fear? Prayer Therapy can help.

If you have downloaded my eBook, Prayer Therapy Primer, from www.bn.com you may have read about the statistics on the efficacy of prayer. Prayer Therapy is learning to pray specifically so God can answer specifically. As you saw from the reading, The Lord’s Prayer, as recorded in Matthew, is our template for how to pray. It consists of specific elements. You can learn to put the prayer in your own words, owning the prayer, and your prayer life will be changed. We will follow the Lord’s format in these devotions at www.prayertherapyrapp.blogspot.com. Our prayer today will be for the release from fear. Pray it three times a day, like a prescription. After praying the prayer, wait a few minutes for the presence of the Lord to fill you. Then go about the rest of your day, knowing that your prayer has been heard. We will pray for release from other negative emotions in future weeks.

This is not a substitute for your regular prayer life. Continue with your time with God. The time you have set aside for Him is precious to you. If you are Roman Catholic and say your prayers and the rosary each day, don’t stop. Add the Prayer Therapy prayer to your prayer life because you are praying specifically for release from fear. Let us pray for that release:

“Father God, Lord of my life, your name is precious to my heart. May your kingdom, the Kingdom of God, take residence in my life, that I may be in you and you in me. For this day, Dear Lord, I ask to be released from fear and from the chains that bind me. Forgive me when I have forgotten that you have the power to free me from the crippling emotion of fear. Let this be the day when I trust you again. For these things, I will give you all praise and glory. Holy, holy, holy is your name and the name of your son, Jesus Christ in whose name I pray. You alone have the power to set me free and for that blessing, I say Amen and Amen.”
Doris
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp
“God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”

Try this link if you wish to order the eBook version of Prayer Therapy Primer: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/Prayer-Therapy-Primer?keyword=Prayer+Therapy+Primer&store=ebook. Or www.bn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment