Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

WHAT DO YOU FEAR?

Some of us have a fear of nothing. Not that we fear nothing, but that we are afraid and we don’t know why. That is often diagnosed as Anxiety. We are afraid that we won’t be able to control something around us or we won’t be able to control ourselves in a given situation. We believe life is unsafe, unpredictable.

Children who have no schedule learn that life is unpredictable and may cling to control as adults. When we find we cannot control others and life events happen while trying to maintain a ridged schedule, we become anxious. Prayer Therapy can help to free us from anxiety.

The Process: We will pray the same Prayer Therapy prayer, written below, three times a day for this week. Next week, we will move to another negative emotion and a prayer for release from it. God wants to free his children from the negative emotions that cripple us and make us less prepared to do his work. Each time we pray the prayer, wait for a few minutes and let the Holy Spirit enter in. Then we go about our day, knowing that God has heard our prayer. Let us pray:

“Father God, Lord of my life, your name is precious to my heart. May your kingdom, the Kingdom of God, take residence in my life, that I may be in you and you in me. For this day, Dear Lord, I ask to be released from fear and from the chains that bind me. Forgive me when I have forgotten that you have the power to free me from the crippling emotion of fear. Let this be the day when I trust you again. For these things, I will give you all praise and glory. Holy, holy, holy is your name and the name of your son, Jesus Christ in whose name I pray. You alone have the power to set me free and for that blessing, I say Amen and Amen.”
Doris
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp
“God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”

If you wish to follow in Prayer Therapy Primer follow this link to order the eBook version of Prayer Therapy Primer: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/Prayer-Therapy-Primer?keyword=Prayer+Therapy+Primer&store=ebook . Or www.bn.com This is not a commercial. It is only intended to help

To read the On-Line Prayer Group Devotions you may have missed, go to www.prayertherapyrapp.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment