Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

SUCCESS IS A GOD THING

"Momma, are we poor?" My daughter asked many years ago when my husband and I were both in college and lived off his small pastor’s salary.

"Poor? Heavens no. Poor is a mind-set. We’re just temporarily out of money," I explained.

Success is not a bad thing. It’s a good thing and if you are following God’s direction, it’s a God thing. Our country was founded on the principle: If one works hard, they will succeed.

Success seems foreign to many of us these days as the economy continues to dwaddle. I know a man who thinks he’ll never succeed as he would like to. That’s because he always raises the bar. As soon as he reaches a goal that had previously been named "success," he relabels it "failure" and raises the goal.

"I can never make it. Everyone else can be successful but not me," he would say.

This man has wonderful children and a respected career. He has many good friends and he’s even good looking. But, in his own mind, he’ll never make it.

We can be successful, even in today’s economy, as long as we aren’t measuring success by a millionaire’s wallet. First, we have to know what we would call success. Then, when we arrive at that level, we cannot then rename it as failure because we don’t have what others have. Success is having what God values and calling it GOLD.

Yesterday, I wrote an article for Suite 101, an on-line magazine, titled Success Is Possible In Today’s Economy. The link is below. Briefly, to succeed, one needs a plan of action. My Action equals A.C.T. The A.C.T. method is: Assertiveness, Consistency and Tenacity. Let God bless you with success. Let us pray:

"Holy Father, you created everything perfectly, even my soul. I ask that your kingdom may come and fill all the spaces in my life. To rest in your arms is all that I want. Father, I ask that I recognize every blessing you give me and know it has value above everything else. I pray for success, that I may glorify you. Forgive me when I ask for your help, and when I receive it, I say I want more. I pray that I may succeed—succeed at loving more purely, succeed at encouraging others more wholly, and serve you more clearly every day. In the name of Jesus, the Christ, I pray. Amen"
Doris
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp

"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."Please pass this link to a friend.

Also: http://www.lengthofdays2112.blogspot.com And

http://doris.gaines.rapp.suite101.com/success-is-possible-in-todays-economy-a402072

No comments:

Post a Comment