Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Thursday, January 19, 2012

I’M ANGRY ‘CAUSE MY DAD WAS ANGRY

“Anger management didn’t work for Dad so I know it won’t work for me.” When someone uses the inherited characteristic excuse, they are really distancing themselves from any responsibility for their own anger. But, remember, if people cannot change, then none of us have any hope for a better tomorrow. Was God wrong? Is freedom from pain and anger not possible? Research among adopted children has found that children usually have the personality characteristics of their birth parent (research was done with birth mothers), even if they never lived with them. Whatever the trait, don’t forget, a stubborn child can grow up to be a steadfast adult. And, a loud baby might become a successful auctioneer. The negatives of all children can be refocused into positive adult traits if we take the time to mold them in the ways of Christ. In which generation will anger be defeated in your family? Or, are you going to give antiquated excuses and pass anger on to your children? You would bless your family from generation to generation if you led the way in living a peaceful life, free from the crippling grasp of anger. Prayer Therapy can help loose the bonds of anger and set you and your children and your children’s children free. Remember, (1) pray the prayer printed below three times a day. (2) Wait at the end of the prayer for a sense of God’s presence. (3) Go about the remainder of the day knowing that God has heard your prayer. Let us pray: “God of Love and Life, holy and precious is your name. I ask that you fill me with your holy presence that the Kingdom of God may come and include even me. Today is the day, Father, when I lay my anger at your feet. Cast that anger as far from me as the East is from the West and never let it return. Forgive me for not trusting you before with my anger and may I forgive others of their anger as you have forgiven me. Lead me away from things that provoke me and place me within your open arms. In the name of your son, Jesus, the Prince of the Peace I seek, I pray. Amen” Doris Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp “God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment