Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Monday, January 16, 2012

DON’T LET ANGER CONTROL YOU

“Knock off the anger!” It would be a real blessing if it were that easy. Anger can get a strangle hold on us until we, literally, cannot breathe any longer. Sometimes, the target of our anger doesn’t even know we have a problem with them. We become not only the one who is angry, but the only one who experiences the anger. How is that working for you?

We have been applying a form of prayer called Prayer Therapy, to the negative emotions that bind us. Last week, we focused on FEAR. This week, ANGER is the emotion for which we will pray for release. Every day this week I will define the anger problem and then we will pray the prayer for release from anger in the Prayer Therapy format. Remember, (1) pray the prayer printed below three times a day. (2) Wait at the end of the prayer for a sense of God’s presence. (3) Go about the remainder of the day knowing that God has heard your prayer.

For an even deeper experience of Prayer Therapy, if you choose, you can order the eBook Prayer Therapy Primer from www.amazon.com or www.bn.com. These daily prayers are not commercials for the eBook. I have lowered the price of the eBook to $0.99 so you can learn to put the prayer into your own words and experience the blessing of a new prayer adventure. You don’t need an eReader. Your computer or android can be an eReader with a free app from Amazon or Barnes & Noble.

Anger can rob us of the sweetness of life. It can blind us to God’s blessings and the love of those around us. God never intended for us to live a life of anger and he will set us free if we pray specifically for release from anger and God will answer specifically. Let us pray:

“God of Love and Life, holy and precious is your name. I ask that you fill me with your holy presence that the Kingdom of God may come and include even me. Today is the day, Father, when I lay my anger at your feet. Cast that anger as far from me as the East is from the West and never let it return. Forgive me for not trusting you with my anger before and may I forgive others of their anger as you have forgiven me. Lead me away from things that provoke me and place me within your open arms. In the name of your son, Jesus, the Prince of the Peace I seek, I pray. Amen”
Doris
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp
“God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment