Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Friday, January 13, 2012

IT’S FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH!

Are you afraid of a date on the calendar? Think about it. Who told you that a number is dangerous or unlucky? And, while we’re at it, what does luck have to do with it? What part does luck play in the Kingdom of God?

We want to believe: if we play the lottery long enough we’re bound to win. Does that mean that we can spend over our limit because that lucky ticket will soon pay off? We fight the fear of not having enough, by placing a fantasy in our mind that luck will soon bail us out of the mess we are in.

Do you know that the same fear is keeping you from seeing opportunities all around you, from seeing the blessings that God places along your path every step of the way? The problem may be that we want to choose our gifts from God, like placing an order at the drive-up window or making out a Christmas list. Do not fear there will be no luck in your life. There is no magic in heaven! If you are looking for luck, you’ve been looking in the wrong place.

It is hard to give up on luck because we have come to depend on it for our security. How can we face tomorrow if we can’t believe luck will finally come our way? We can, because God’s blessings trump luck in any game of life. We can rid ourselves of the fear of not depending on luck through prayer therapy. Remember the prayer therapy process or refer back to previous posts: pray the prayer below 3X a day, wait on the Lord to fill you, then go about the day knowing he heard you. Let us pray:

“Father God, Lord of my life, your name is precious to my heart. May your kingdom, the Kingdom of God, take residence in my life, that I may be in you and you in me. For this day, Dear Lord, I ask to be released from fear and from the chains that bind me. Forgive me when I have forgotten that you have the power to free me from the crippling emotion of fear. Let this be the day when I trust you again. For these things, I will give you all praise and glory. Holy, holy, holy is your name and the name of your son, Jesus Christ, in whose name I pray. You alone have the power to set me free and for that blessing, I say Amen and Amen.”
Doris
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp
“God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine.”

If you wish to follow in the eBook, Prayer Therapy Primer, go to www.bn.com This is not a commercial. It is only intended to help

To read other On-Line Prayer Group Devotions, scroll down to previous posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment