Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

BECAUSE HE KNOWS ME

When he was in Jerusalem during the Passover festival, many believed in his name because they saw the signs that he was doing. But Jesus on his part would not entrust himself to them, because he knew all people and needed no one to testify about anyone; for he himself knew what was in everyone. (John 2:23-25)

Jesus knows you and me better than we know ourselves. He realized that those who had seen him change water into wine and bring the dead back to life, believed in His because of what they had seen. They had faith because Jesus had been put to the test. He did not need them to bear witness for Him because they would not be testifying from their faith but from the physical proof that He was Lord. Belief comes before signs and wonders. And, He knows us very well and therefore, does not trust us with the miracles.

What does Jesus know about you? Think of all the things you have done or failed to do in your life thus far. What are you hiding from God? Of all those events, what keeps you from following in the steps of Jesus? Is it possible that you are hiding that you are not perfect? Well, imagine that!

If perfection were possible in our lifetime, there would be no need for Heaven. Are you really that important? I know I’m not. Let us pray:

"Dear God of Glory, Lord of Love, I give praise to your Holy name. I know I am not fit for Heaven, but Jesus my Redeemer was and is. Give me the balance to walk in His footsteps so that the doorway to your kingdom may be within reached. I would gladly make my home on the door sill if you would but let me in. Father, I ask for the faith of the saints, that I may believe even before I see. Forgive me when my faith waivers. The "me" who is yours, grieves when I have not trusted you just because you are you. Let me not be tempted to seek other wisdom, for you are all in all - all wise, all perfect. May all glory be yours, Father. In the name of Jesus, the Christ, I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp

Pleases pass this blog link to a friend.

http://www.prayertherapyrapp.blogspot.com
Also: http://www.lengthofdays2112.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment