Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Saturday, March 17, 2012

I AM HIS

"Nevertheless, God's solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: ‘The Lord knows those who are his,’ and, ‘Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.’" 2 Timothy 2:19 NIV

Come to the garden and talk to the Lord! Can you stretch your mind far enough to imagine God talking to you in the cool of the garden? What He says will change your life!

"You are my own. You belong to me." He knows which of us are His. He leaves no one out. We exclude ourselves. Those who call on His name and turn away from evil are His.

"But I am not strong enough to do all that," you may cry. No one is. We do not guarantee our own salvation. Jesus Christ does. Only He is worthy.

Our part is to come to the garden and call on his name. We have been focusing on the words of the hymn, In the Garden the last several days. The link is below. The garden is that beautiful, quiet place inside. It is an image that you can focus on that feels safe, peaceful, and full of His presence. Visit the garden often enough that the garden lives in you.

I know some of you do not believe that there is beauty at the core of your being. Some have told me there is nothing at their center, just emptiness. Since our soul is the dwelling place of God, invite Him to enter, and He will live there. That is our part. Then, go about the rest of the day believing that your prayer has been heard and live the day as one who belongs to Him. Let us pray:

"Holy God of Heaven, I come before you, knowing it is not I who saves my soul, but the presence of Your Spirit within me. May I do your will, oh God, as I walk along the path that leads me home. I ask You Father, to come in and make your home within me. I want your beautiful, peaceful garden to be my dwelling place, my home. And, I want your garden to live in me: the Garden of God inside and out. For all these blessings, I give you the glory, God. In the name of your son, my Redeemer, Jesus, I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp

We have been visiting the garden every day for several days through the words of the wonderful hymn, In the Garden, by C. Austin Miles (1913). I am including a link to the hymn sung by Alan Jackson. The pictures are priceless. Please skip the advertisement before the video. www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW0WA8OSXZg

Also: http://www.lengthofdays2112.blogspot.com . The March 9th post may be uplifting to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment