Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Friday, March 2, 2012

OUT OF THE ORDINARY

Just then his disciples came. They were astonished that he was speaking with a woman, but no one said, "What do you want?" or, "Why are you speaking with her?" (John 4:27)

When the disciples saw Jesus speaking to the Samaritan woman, they were shocked, maybe even afraid. They knew the authorities were looking for ways to stop him. Devout Jewish men did not talk to Samaritans and they certainly didn’t interact with women. Jesus didn’t see it that way. He had something to say to the woman and ordinary practice would not stand in his way. It didn’t matter who was shocked or frightened by his actions.

Are we afraid to share Christ’s precious message with his children for fear it might shock someone? We must be bold. We must step out of the ordinary and into the extraordinary.

We live in extraordinary times. We are called to shift out lies from truth and fear from trust. Go to God every day for his guidance. He will walk with you through the tricks, deceptive advertisements and fraud that have become commonplace. Seek truth and be bold in proclaiming Christ to others. Let us pray:

"Father God, I praise your holy name. Enter into my life so boldly I cannot miss the signs of your presence. Your will is what I seek. I ask for Christ’s bravery to step out of the ordinary. I do not seek recognition, only that your extraordinary love and truth may be shared with whomever I come in contact. Forgive me when I have been weak and afraid. I am human but you are God. Let me serve you in the way that pleases your heart. In the name of Jesus Christ, who sacrificed his life for me, so that I might be brave enough to serve you. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp
Please pass this link to a friend.

Also: http://www.lengthofdays2112.blogspot.com http://doris.gaines.rapp.suite101.com/success-is-possible-in-todays-economy-a402072

No comments:

Post a Comment