Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Sunday, March 4, 2012

WHO IS YOUR FAMILY?

Then [Jesus’] mother and his brothers came; and standing outside, they sent to him and called him. A crowd was sitting around him; and they said to him, "Your mother and your brothers and sisters are outside, asking for you." And he replied, "Who are my mother and my brothers?" And looking at those who sat around him, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers! Whoever does the will of God is my brother and sister and mother." (Mark 3:31-35)

"Who are my mother and brothers?" To the Jewish people of Jesus’s day, family and tribe were their identity—their ancestors and their line of inheritance. In Mark three, Jesus has just told the disciples that he has expanded his family to include all who do the will of his father, God.

We are in the season of Lent, the forty days that lead up to Easter. To what family do you believe you belong? Some friends in Christ don’t even believe they belong to the family of their origin. How could they believe they are part of the family of God? How? Through faith—faith in God and in the Salvation made possible through the sacrifice of his son Jesus, the Christ.

I cannot force you to believe. I can only say . . . it is true! The absolute beauty of life is that we are part of a family called, "Love," called "Christian."

For these remaining days in Lent, I ask you to live as if it were true. Remind yourself each day to walk in His presence. Soon, it will not be "What if?" but "I believe it is!" Let us pray:

"Father God, Holy One, I lift my hands to you. You are only Holy, the only truth. I ask that your kingdom be established in my time, if it is your time. For today, and each day, I choose to believe Christ’s teachings, that I am part of your Family even now. Increase my faith, for it is weak. Forgive me when I read your Word as a "wonderful ancient tale," for it is Truth, as you are Truth. Lead me not into ways of self-service, but along paths that serve you. In the name of your son, Jesus, whose power and glory are above all, I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp

Please pass this link to a friend.

Also: http://www.lengthofdays2112.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment