Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Saturday, March 31, 2012

WHOM DO YOU TEACH?

"He who listens to you listens to me; he who rejects you rejects me; but he who rejects me rejects him who sent me." Luke 10: 16 (NIV)

"Who do they think they are? They preach to others about how they are supposed to live. Of all the nerve!"

If the person is lecturing others about their behavior because they personally didn’t like it that would be a problem. But in Luke, he said that when the person teaches about the Lord, they are speaking for Christ and Jesus Christ speaks for God. The power is the source of our authority. If we are speaking for Jesus then we are preaching scriptures, not expounding on our own philosophy of life.

Share the joy of the Lord with all you meet but be sure it is Lord you are lifting up. Those you speak to cannot come to God if you are speaking your own words and not God’s. The path to Heaven leads through the words of the Bible. Let us all make sure our words are truth and not false teachings. Let us pray:

"Father God, your words are holy truth. The path we walk toward Heaven is paved with anagram bricks, stones with letters that spell out the directions to your kingdom. May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be yours and yours alone Father. Forgive me when I may have led someone astray because I taught the Gospel according to me and did not teach the love song of the Lord. Only you are holy God and worthy of praise. In the name of Jesus, my savior whom I serve, I pray. Amen."

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp

Visit: www.lengthofdays2112.blogspot.com for fun stories.
Also: www.directbuybooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment