Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Friday, March 9, 2012

DO WE GO AFTER WORTHLESS THINGS?

"Hear the word of the Lord, O house of Jacob, and all the families of the house of Israel. Thus says the Lord: What wrong did your ancestors find in me that they went far from me, and went after worthless things, and became worthless themselves? They did not say, ‘Where is the Lord. . . ?’" (Jeremiah 2:4-6a)

What terrible thing did God do to you?

How on Earth could anyone answer that question? The only honest answer is bound to that same Earth. "I asked for things of the world and did not get them. Therefore, God did not honor my prayers."

I would question, "How could anyone ask that question?" God is all Love. He would not do anything to harm us. Jeremiah says, the people "went far from me . . . after worthless things." God did not abandon us. We turned our back on God and went so far from him that we became worthless ourselves.

Can you grasp the full implication of being worthless in the eyes of God? That indeed would be hell on earth. The only things of life that are worthwhile are the things of God. So, seek God first and his righteousness, and our needs will flow like honey from the hive, as the sweetness of life lived with him is embraced. Let us pray:

"God Almighty, Lord of Love, I humble myself before you. I ask this very moment that you come into my life and make your home there, as I accept my home in your presence—I in you and your word in me. I also ask that you set my feet back on the higher trail where I can share the path with you. Forgive me, Precious God, for all the times I have gone far from you and sought out worthless things. Only you are worthy of my seeking and finding. ‘Where are you?’ - need not be my question. I want you to be out in front of me always where you can brightly and rightly lead. In the name of Jesus, the Shepherd who keeps me on the path, I pray. Amen"

Doris
"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."
Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp

Please pass this blog link to a friend.
Also: http://www.lengthofdays2112.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment