Now Available

Length of Days - Search for Freedom

Sunday, March 11, 2012

LISTEN AND SPEAK BOLDLY

"Very truly, I tell you, the hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live. For just as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself . . ." (John 5:25-26)

About two years ago I spent a month as the lead psychologist in a men’s prison. Some of the offenders, I just want to yell at. I wished I could have shaken them and said, "What in the world were you thinking?"

Other men, I would look into their eyes and find them empty. There was no joy, no hope, no emotions, no life. They were dead inside. I prayed for each of them every day.

Friends, you don’t have to be an immoral prisoner to be dead within yourself. Have you lost hope or the joy of living? Do you feel alive inside or dead within? The Word of God has said, the hour is here when you who are dead to the love of God will be able to hear the loving call of Jesus. Then, you will live!

You haven’t heard his call? Then knock on his door and invite him to take over your life. That is why he came–for you and for me. Perhaps your ears are not tuned to the God-frequency. That doesn’t mean he isn’t calling. It means we get to participate in the listening. Speak boldly to the Lord and ask him for ears to hear. Then live the rest of the day, knowing your prayer was heard and live the life of one who has been called. Let us pray:

"Father God you are more Holy than words can speak or our minds can understand. As Jesus had promised, he has life within himself and as Your children through Christ, we have life within us. How marvelous is your plan for us, oh God! I ask this very day, to hear your voice Lord. I invite you to call my name. I will live my life as if I had heard your call, even if my ears of faith may not be strong enough to hear you. Forgive me when I demand that your voice thunder from the mountains, or glow from a burning bush. Please, speak to me even in whispers and I will try to live my life so that I do not miss a single word of your love song. In the name of Jesus, my Lord, I pray. Amen"

Doris

"God gives us stories that testify to His love. Let me tell you mine."Copyright 2012 Doris Gaines Rapp

Please pass this link to a friend.
Also: http://www.lengthofdays2112.blogspot.com . Friday’s post may be uplifting to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment